Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Command button opening form changed 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimSchuuz

IS-IT--Management
Jan 24, 2005
US
I searched previous threads and found nothing, although I'm not sure if I even searched for the correct terms. I'm a total novice at Access developing. Anyway, here's what happened:

I have 2 forms- 1 inputs and displays general records from my table. The second displays specific fields from a given record. I added a command button that calls the new form, and a mini-wizard opened automatically that prompted me for what I wanted the button to do, and if opening a new form from the current record it prompted me for which fields to populate from the current record. It was very simple and easy, and worked exactly like I needed it to the first time.

After mistakenly deleting the command button, I tried to add a new button, but the mini-wizard no longer opens and I don't know why. I'd prefer to learn how to turn that on or off, but I'll settle for another easy way to populate the fields in the 2nd form.

Thanks for helping this total novice.

Jim Schuuz
{ F1 = my.friend
}

Is the little wand clicked in on the toolbox? The wand controls the wizards.

Bingo! I appreciate your time replying to such a trivial problem. (Told you I was a novice!)

Jim Schuuz
{ F1 = my.friend
}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back