Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Command Button No Longer Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

nubianqueen

Technical User
Apr 16, 2002
US
I have a database in access2000. There are several command buttons on a form that opens other forms. I am not sure what happened but when I click on any one of those command buttons I get the message "Module Not Found". When I go and try to open one of the forms myself they won't open either and I get no error message. I'm not sure what's going on. If any one can be of some help and enlighten me, I would really appreciate it.
Thanks,
nubianqueen

Question
Can you open the form in design mode

It sounds like it is looking for the click event in code. When you place a command button on a form, it creates and empty click event module in the VBA code.

The form will not open in design either and the click event code is still attached to the command button.

I've run into a similar problem in Access 2002. Command buttons that worked yesterday no longer respond to their click events, although the code is still there.
Believe it or not, I made a new command button, deleted the old button, and renamed the new command button with the old button's name. The new button responded to the click event as provided in code.
Pain in the booty, but worth a shot on at least one button.

It sounds like your database has been corrupted. Try running compact & repair, and see if that helps.

Do you have a backup copy? If so, you could delete the offending forms, and replace with copies from your backup.

You may also be able to import all your objects into another database, and repair it there.

Thanks everyone. I created a blank database and moved all the objects from the old db and then did a compact and repair afterwards. It worked!!!
Appreciate all the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back