Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Command Button and Record Printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

UglyDogNH

IS-IT--Management
Jul 11, 2011
US
OK, I’m stumped! I need to put a command button on a form that will open and fill in the fields of the open record to a MS Word template. Can someone please help me!!??

What have you done so far?
Do you have "a command button on a form"? If so, what is it called?
"fill in the fields of the open record" - do you know how to re-call data from your record?
"to a MS Word template" - how do you know WHERE in your template pieces of data from your record should go?

Have fun.

---- Andy

I have been following the instruction at
It is obviously written for access97 and I'm using 2007. I been searching, with little success, to find 2007 code. Or even if there is an updated way do do it.

Those are cctually pretty good steps of what you want to do.
Did you try it? And if you did, what kind of problems do you have?

Have fun.

---- Andy

Yes I have tried it. But I am not skilled enough to change the code to work with Word 2007. Do you know how to change the code?

Show your code and point to where it does not work the way you want it to. Also. at this point explain what you want to happen, how do you want the ocde to work for you.

So far you have not show us anything that you had done. Here are people who are willing and able to help others, but nobody here will do the work for you :-(

Have fun.

---- Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back