Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

COMM 4????

Status
Not open for further replies.

cesar77

Programmer
May 1, 2001
MX
Hi people...

What configuration i need to configure the serial comm 4??

As far as I know, com2 is not referenced as com4 as it is in windows. You do have, however, have /dev/tty2a and /dev/tty2A as two seperate devices. Remember that they occupy the same interupt and addresses, just as com2 and com4 in windows.

what exactly are you trying to do?
what is the problem you are trying to solve?

mbrown@computereaseinc.net

Hi..
I have a 2 serial ports (tty1a, tty2a) and i add a serial cards whit 2 ports, i want a add tty3a and tty4a...

You would add them with mkdev serial. The resources would be added by the OS to be at certain locations. But I'm not convinced that the OS will allow 3&4.
I think you will need a serial card with drivers I think JDR had one. Or you may need to remove your 1&2 and add a 4 port card that addresses at the same locations.
Whatever your resolution, please post for our education. Ed Fair
efair@atlnet.com

Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply.

Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back