Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

come port settings 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matta25

Technical User
Jan 6, 2004
US
When a procomm window is on the screen, at he bottom of the window there is a status bar (it have the 4 red lights on it). The third box says Direct Connect-Com3. I have 3 modem on this PC and if the script finds the modem on com1 the status bar changes to Direct Connect-Com1. Is there a way to have procomm alway open the window and defalut it to Direct Connect-None. Why I need this? If a procomm start to do and FTP and says Direct Connect-Com1 I can not use the modem on Com1 tell that Ftp procomm window closes. Any Ideas. Thanks

have you tried procomm's system setup|modem connection - set Current Modem/Connection to direct connect-none. Might want to use the data terminal icon, instead of the procomm icon. Hope it helps.....

Or is there a way to get the comport in the status bar to a variable. What I mean is, If I launch a script can I get that comport the procomm window has in the status bar so I can tell the script not to use that comport.
Thank Again.

Can I set the Current Modem/Connection to direct connect-none in ascpect?

Thank you all for the help the set modem connection "direct connect-none" works great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back