Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

comdial dx-80 extend co ring from 4 to 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

hopper123

Technical User
Apr 21, 2007
US
I'm a Partner kinda guy in a small town. I have 1 customer with a dx-80, I have blundered thru problems before but this one is a sticker. His phones ring 4 times then go to voice mail thru the auto att. I simply want the co lines to ring 6 times b4 taking this route. I have 5 phones, 3 lines and inskin vm with the memory card. No ucd group. I have all the manuals but cannot find an explanation for many options. For instance co ring type 02-740
what are the choices and what do they mean? Is there a matrix out there that shows the choices in options?
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, I have possesion of the manuals, but cannot figure out how to change the # of rings. It's not ringing a group just the lines. I have been into station programming and line programming and changed a few things to no avail. I know I must be misinterpreting a command or two, so I need help.

Thanks.

Hopper,

Check out Section 6.30 in the DX-80 manual. It's a timer instead of number of rings.

>****

Thank you VERY much. I had a feeling I was misssing something.
I'll try it soon.

I miss wire spring relays.

That did it! I never thought of a timer vs number of rings. Maybe I'm getting too old. Thanks again.

I also miss CAD blocks.

Typically depending on the system you will find each ring cycle is either 4 or 5 seconds, so if you are at 3 rings now the timer will be either 12 or 15 seconds - however that timer is divisible by the number of rings it is at now is how many seconds you need to add for each additional ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back