Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Comcode for the old Definity 640 MB MO optical disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

tciotti2003

Technical User
Jan 3, 2012
US
Hello All...Wondering if anyone can provide me the comcode number for the old Definity 640 MB magneto Optical disk for the optical drive

108848409 63448 DEF R10r OPTICAL MEDIA

This is the only one that I could find.

Kevin

Thanks Kevin....Heck I couldn't find anything, anywhere

I've used the Sony disks and they work well.

I don't know the forum rules on posting links to suppliers however you will find a few suppliers in google.

- Dave.

There are different comcodes for the Avaya proprietary formatted MO Magneto Optical Disks.

The software on them can range from g3v6r 253.1 up to g3v11r
This can be many many loads and the format is based on hardware / memory configuration on the g3r platform.

The preformatted MO Disks can be overwritten if they have a compatible format. But, you cannot save to them or format them if you have blank disks.

Example: If you have a good, working g3v6r MO disk with generic, translations, announcements on it, you cannot use it to save or do a backup from a g3v11r. But if you have a good, working g3v10r MO disk with generic, translations, announcements on it, you can save to it or backup to it because it has an Avaya compatible proprietary format.

Command: list config software will show you what is on your MO disk

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

37 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 27 years and counting

I just found (3) Avaya MO cartridges: (2) R9r & (1) 11.3.2. You're welcome to them. I believe that you can do a 'backup disk full' and it will overwrite everything on the cartridge. You need the craft login to format the cartridges.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back