Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Comcast SIP trunks on NEC SV9100 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbietechman

Vendor
Mar 1, 2011
US
Can someone please help me with my first SIP setup on the NEC SV9100. This is a new system and we are new to NEC. I can get tech support from NEC but since we are not fully certified yet it is difficult for us to get support. I would greatly appreciate any of you expert seasoned NEC techs that would be willing to help I could also use some general tips on configuration. At this point I have all of my IP Phones configured and voicemail boxes set up but the Auto Attendant is a bit confusing. I am willing to pay for someones remote time for assistance. Thanks in advance

I've gotten the majority of the system programmed I'm stuck now on the auto attendant I'm in process on my training on inmail on the NEC training site however it's very slow and I need to get this done quickly and the auto attendant is proving to be more difficult than I thought it's not very intuitive

What do you want it to do?
1. ring phones then overflow to AA.
2. AA answers all call immediately.
3. set up D/N AA, manual night or scheduled night.

Thanks for the reply in day mode I want to ring the group of phones and then have the auto attendant pick up if a no answer condition exists

Night mode I want to answer automatically I'd like to have that on a schedule of 8 to 5 is day mode and 5 - 8 is night mode and then I need to consider holidays as well

I also need the ability from the operator to toggle auto attendant on if it's needed because of an early closure or special event

day mode I want to ring the group of phones and then have the auto attendant pick up if a no answer condition exists
22-02 set all trunks to mode 1 to normal
22-05 leave trunks in group 1
22-04 assign all phones that need to ring here in group 1
22-01-04 set the time for overflow in seconds
22-08 set all trunks to 102 for modes 1, 2 + any other modes used. (102 is a fixes assignment to AA, NOT an extension number)
NOTE: MB 12 schedule determines when the system switches to night mode, 47-12 determines what message is played per it's own schedule.
47-12 set your day/time for day greeting to play. Usually set to range of days M-F 08:00 to 17:00 answer mailbox 1
47-13 set default mailbox to number 2, this is all other times and days not specified in 47-12
47-13 = dialing options for callers
Night mode I want to answer automatically I'd like to have that on a schedule of 8 to 5 is day mode and 5 - 8 is night mode
12-01 check auto night
12-02 set your schedule, NOTE it does not go past midnight, so you need 3 entries, 00:00-08:00, 08:00-17:00, 17:00-00:00
12-03 set your open days to 1 and your closed days to 2
If you want to use more modes, then set 12-08 to 1 to 3.
22-02 set all trunks to mode 2 to DIL
22-07 set all trunks to 299
24-09 set 299 to CFA to VM pilot for items 02/03/04/05
47-03 set group mailbox 01 to 299, routing box 2. This set up bypasses 47-12 schedule and plays night MSG
I need to consider holidays as well
I suggest you do not use the Holiday scheduling. It requires regular maintenance since all Holidays do not fall on the same calendar day each year. Instead I suggest either using mode 2, or set up a mode 3 (Holiday), or use the override mailbox option. You can pre record a closed message, then have the user switch to it either on site or from home. It's usually set to box 3 in 47-11. Look at the inmail F&S for details. Repost if you need assistance with setting up a Holiday option.
I also need the ability from the operator to toggle auto attendant on if it's needed because of an early closure or special event
Place a night key on the extension, use MB 12-08 option. Here it gets a little cloudy. You can set up another mode 3,4,5 ETC. to bypass AA and go straight to a message. (See night mode set up). Keep in mind that manually switching to another mode with auto night set gets reset according to the schedule in MB 12 unless you place a #07 fix operation key on the phone. Switching modes manually then pressing the fix operation key locks it down to the mode you select. To release, you press the fix operation key, then the night key to select the mode you want.
Set a check mark for all extensions/mailboxes that need administrator access in 47-02
Press the VM soft key, dial 72 + 4 + 001 to record day greeting. repeat for 002 night greeting.
I hope I didn't overlook anything, good luck.

First let me sincerely thank you for your time and expertise to put this in the email together this is far more than I had hoped for and I greatly appreciate it this is what makes this such a strong form hopefully I can contribute something in the future thank you again very much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back