Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Comcast PRI Issues and errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikedphones

Vendor
Oct 11, 2005
US
Has anyone done a PRI from Comcast on a Magix or Legend? I have 3 installed, all 3 are showing errors from Comcast. 2 work fine anyhow, the 3rd drops and goes into a busy state. Confirmed it is NOT NI2, but 5ESS, already changed out the 100DCD. Clock from loop. No luck.

Just wondering what else I can tweak on my side as there isn't really much we do on these systems. Does Robbed bit play a part, or any of the other settings? What would reduce these "errors" that they are seeing?

Thanks

Sounds like a protocol mismatch.

If they are providing the circuit from a cisco IAD have them provide a "show run" to you. You will be able to see the protocol programmed in the text of the "show run".

Do you mean like 5ESS vs something else? they sent me a screen shot where it says AT&T 5ESS. They refer to these as CRC errors. I am lost.

Do you have your internal CSU turned on for the 100DCD? Can you post the error log and the PRI setup?

Does it work for a short time, and then fail?

-OR- Does it seem to come up, all LED's OFF and after a call is made it gets busied out?

As far as 5ESS, THEY need to be custom protocol.

You could use DMS-100 on both ends and see if that makes it better.

Double check that the 24 Port on the T1 Module IS NOT IN THE POOL. That can make things look OK, 'till someone hits it dialing out.

-merlinmansblog.blogspot.com

If it's a Cisco IAD I've had much better luck running DMS100 on both the Merlin switch settings as well as in the IAD.

That said, CRC errors usually build on the T1 itself rather than having to do with the PRI setup. I would suspect something physical like a bad cable from the 100DCD to the IAD or a bad T1 VWIC in the IAD if this continues since you already tried a new 100DCD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back