Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Comcast messed up my IP, need help 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffGatti

Technical User
May 15, 2003
US
I'm really not sure what happend, but yesterday I got a message that said (Windows IP conflict)on the third workstation on my peer to peer.Out of the blue, I had no connectivity.

The modem seemed to be communicating data. I even took it outside direct from the street and plugged in my tablet pc and got nothing.

The only reason I can communicate now is because I am connected direct to the comcast PCX1100 Toshiba modem, and I have renewed my IP on this Tablet, 6 times in order for it to work.

Everytime I plug back into my Linksys Router, all three workstations say I have limited connectivity (10 mbs). When I try to renew the IPs the 1st workstation says "TCP IP isn't enabled" the second does nothing, and the third won't renew.

Like I said earlier, I'm connected directly to the modem after about 6 times got a connection to this tablet pc, which is how I can leave this post. If I disconnected now and plugged back into the linksys it wont work.

Does anybody know the Linksys IP address? I forgot.

Please answer if you are familiar with this issue related to comcast, and have any advice.

Best Regards,

Jeff

The factory set ip address for a Linksys router is Leave the user name blank, password is
"admin".

If this ip address doesn't work (i.e. has been changed by someone) you can push the pin reset button on the back which will re-set it to the above ip and password. Of, course you will have to configure your network again - the range of ip addresses issued, etc.

Do you know if you have any computers on the network with static ip addresses?

They may be conflicting with ip addresses issued by the router.

Good luck.

myles@ipdetective.ca

Thanks a bunch, I kept entering 192.161.??? Brain Fart, apparently.

I'm going to take the whole network down tonight, reset the router and see what happens.

Much appreciated,

Jeff

I wound up just resetting the router last week and it fixed
it.

Regards,

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back