Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

comboboxes problem....urgent...:-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

keeyean

MIS
Sep 29, 2001
US
have several comboboxes in several forms in my program...
everytime when i open a file(input the data in to the program)... some of the comboboxes will be highlighted... but.. all the comboboxes setting are same...

for example, when i open a file... these is what will happen..
Form1... all the comboboxes(3) are not hightlighted
Form2... all the comboboxes(8) are highlighted
Form3... i have a SSTab with 4 tabs.. the first 3 comboboxes in the Tab1 are not hightlighted... but the other comboboxes in Tab2 and Tab3 and Tab4 are hightlighted....

can anyone tell me what i will cause the comboboxes highlighted?? tabindex?? or the method i save the file?? i'm using the sequential file method to save the data...

thanz you..

Combo2.SelLength = Len(Combo2.Text)
This will highlight the combo box.

Check the style setting of the combobox. If somehow the setting is 2 then you will see the comboboxes highlighted. Another possibility is when you load the combobox with data the listindex is not set to -1. Any other valid value will highlight the contents. Dan Grogan
dan@siqual.com

"Absit prudentia nil rei publicae profitur."
Without common sense you ain't gonna have nothing.

i have checked all the comboboxes... they are in setting 0..
and the highlighted problem is only occur when i use window2000 to run the program.. but if i run in windowNT.. then it will not happen...why??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back