Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

comboboxes highlighted??

Status
Not open for further replies.

keeyean

MIS
Sep 29, 2001
US
i have 6 forms in my program... and each form have several comboboxes...
everytime when i open a saved file to input the data in to the program .... why some of my comboboxes will be highlighted?? how do i prevent this to happen??

What OS are you using? I have also had this problem. My forms work fine running on NT, but on 2000 I get some strange behavior with combos. I'm using a tab control and when I switch tabs then switch back, I get highlighted combos and combos reverting back to strings that I had previously truncated in my functions. Sorry I don't have a solution, but if anyone else has had this problem I would like to know.

Shanti

How are you saving the values? If you're using the ListIndex of each combo box, that item gets selected, and stays selected. In that case, either use List(index) to prevent selecting the list item, or set ListIndex to -1 after saving. If it IS your operating system, ListIndex = -1 should be a livable workaround, hopefully. :)

Hope that helps!

-Mike
Any man willing to sacrifice liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security.

-Ben Franklin

i use write method ..and save the text of the combobox to keep the value..
For i = 0 To 5
Write #filenum, Form1.Combo5(i).Text
Next i
is that the reason .. coz the combobox highlighted??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back