Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

combobox works on XP machine but not on NT machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyosa

Technical User
Jun 12, 2000
US
I have a database with a form populated with a few comboboxes pulling info from a table. it's a very straightforward set-up. The database was created in Access 97 on an XP machine and all work like you would expect however when you try and use the database on an NT machine also running Access 97 it does not. for example when you try and typr an item from the list into the combo box it gives you an "item not in list error"...this does not happen on the XP box. you can scroll down thru the list and select the item..just and directly tye it in...

i thought it may be an mdac issue so i verifies both boxes were running the same version (2.7) and both are...There have been no changes to the database from one box to the other..and again i can directly type the info in on the XP box without issue..on the NT box however i get errors

any thoughts as to why this would behave so differently on an NT box vs Xp would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Kyosa

"The key to flexibility is indecision!" :)

Nevermind.. i figured it out. on the NT machines when you looked at the references it was missing the calendar control..just a quick uncheck of that and all worked well..

i keep forgetting about the refernces and how touchy they can sometimes be.

anyway, thanks

Kyosa

"The key to flexibility is indecision!" :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back