Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ComboBox in VB from Access DB

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuanMellado

Technical User
Jan 26, 2015
US
Hi Guys

Im working with Excel, VB and Access, and now I want to show a table from access in a ComboBox, but I cannot get it, Im using recordset but i can't,

Somebody know how can I show the table in the ComboBox as list.[bigsmile]

Thanks

As far as I know you cannot show "a table", but you can show its fields in a CBO.

Beir bua agus beannacht!

Hi,

Simplest way: Import your Access table via Data > Get external data > From Access... And drill down to your db. Your table will end up in a worksheet, top-left cell of table where you started this process. I'd start in A1. You only need to perform this process ONE TIME. You can Refresh Data to return a current snapshot of the table.

This process creates a Structured Table, a very useful feature in Excel. Use Excel HELP to discover the features. You can use these features to link the data you need to your CBO and keep the link reference always up to data.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back