Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Combo fills parameter query, click record for more info? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

HenryAnthony

Technical User
Feb 14, 2001
US
I have a form that sends query parameters from combo box selections (thanks to FAQs on this forum). Now I need to go one step further. When the records from the query are displayed, either in a listbox or subform, I want to be able to click the record to display more detailed info about the record clicked. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Best regards,

Henr¥

If you want more info in a Form view then used the value of the combo box as a filter to open a form with the appropriate record in it. i.e. Open the form with a query where you have used Forms!COMBO BOX!VALUE in the Query... The Form will then display your record.

If you just want a table view do the same but just open the query.

Hope this helps

Actually, the values returned by the parameter query (which gets its parameters from a combo box) are in a listbox or a subform and I not sure how to refer to the values of a highlighted record in those controls. I will explore your suggestion and let you know if this works. Thanks much.

Best regards,

Henr¥

Yup, that works. I did not realize you can refer to values in list boxes the same way you do a combo box. Thanks for the help.

Best regards,

Henr¥

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back