Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Combo Card with ATM V2 Noise and clicking on lines 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

broody81

Vendor
Jan 18, 2006
US
Hi We have a site running 8.1(73) which I administer from a manager 9.0(949) if it matters, that have horrible line noise, clicking, and breaking up on both cards. Lines are and were clear as a bell on butt set and old Merlin Magix. They are loop start with caller ID.

I cannot get these line cards clear by playing with the impedance setting, wondering if I should be setting to auto, choosing a hard setting or what?? Is impedance the issue or is it something with a bin file for that card? Does anyone know what file these cards use? I may want to check that as I had an issue yesterday with the 1416 sets not coming up and had to upload that file.

Any help appreciated.

If it's the one I'm thinking of its from 3 years ago and for the ATMv1 cards [ponder]

I will check the cards when back on site, but they are a week old.

For some reason, I think there is something messed up on the SD card, because I had an issue with the 1416 sets not coming up until I uploaded a missing file it was looking for from what we saw in monitor. In the case of the 1416 phones we had to upload 1400R32 eventhough it had 1400R38. Not sure I have this right, but as soon as we uploaded it, the phones all started their updates. I am considering just doing a fresh install of the latest 8.1 and then upgrading and uploading all files. If there is a specific file for the ATM4V2 I could try to upload just that. ??

My issues is that I also have an R9 with the same problem. ATM4 V2 mods, make a clicking fluttering sound just like this 8.1 does. I have played with auto impedance for lack of what else to try. Lines are clear on butt sets and their former key systems.

So I am baffled. The only info I can offer is that both systems probably went through some type of release upgrade, for example 7 to 8.1 with upgrade and essential, and I vaguely recall that the R9 site went from another release too. Maybe that's the issue.

Im thinking of just putting to V1 ATM cards in on Monday, but this isn't really the answer or the fix.

Are they true analogue line or emulated from a media converter/modem? If the latter they never mix well with IPO as its particularly sensitive to the slightest anomaly :)

Actually one of each. One site is copper (at least coming in), the other site is Comcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back