Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Combo Box limited to 10,000 records? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natha2

Programmer
Dec 23, 2004
BE
Is it possible that a combo box can contain no more than 10,000 viewable records (even that the RowSource query returns more than 10,000)?

This is OK if "LimitToList" is set to "False".

But if "LimitToList" is set to "True", we have a problem.

Anyone some feedback?

Thanx...

I'm not sure if there is a hard limit, but the practical limit will probably be reached before 10,000. Most developers are reluctant to load more than 1-2000 because of performance problems.

My suggestion is to try with 10,000 and see what the performance is like. I think you will be discouraged enough to reconsider. The next alternative is to allow the user to filter the records in some manner (lots of ways to do this) and then load a limited recordset.

Cheers,
Bill

I have around 45.000 in a combo (city to load containers), and it hardly effects the performance

Pampers [afro]
Just became father!

Just out of curiosity what do you do whith such big comboboxes? I assume that the user is not scrolling through them or are they.

I should have around 11,000 in combo (according to query), but it displays exactly 10,000. No more.
I have experienced no loss of performance.
We work on Office XP SP3.

Congratulations, Pampers, on the new addition! You get a star for that!

Jim DeGeorge [wavey]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back