Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Combo Box inside a CDialogBar

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdunncs

Technical User
Jun 21, 2003
US
I have a CDialogBar and I put a ComboBox and Button on it. I used the ComboBox property 'Data' and added ITEM; to it. When I load my appl. the word ITEM do not appear. My ComboBox type is a DropDown type, also I wanted the user to be able to add in new items in the combobox. How do I accomplish that?

u can add string using function Addstring in CString.simply object.AddString ..and second thing u should extend the combox from baseline when designing drag the box down with arrow .i have a such programe u can contact at "humayunajmal4u@hotmail.com"

In my MainFrame class after the creation of the DialogBar I get a pointer to the IDC_Combo and use AddString on it.
When I run the program, the string is inside of the edit control portion, but nothing is inside of the drop down box portion of it. When I use the code to get the selected information out of the combo box, I get the index of -1 (CB_ERR). The user is not able to enter in information. I also tried to subclass DialogBar, but the same results had happened.

I don't know what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back