Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Combo Box handling of Text string"(c)"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisJF

MIS
Jun 29, 2003
AU
Hi there, help is required. I have a combo box which uses an underlying field in a table which has clause numbers ..e.g. 2.3(a) etc..., the problem is that if the value selected has "(c)" in it, it turns this into a copyright symbol. The result is that the value selected in the combo box is then used to run a query, which causes the query to produce a zero result.

Is ther some format setting I should be looking at in the combo box to switch off this automatic formatting?

Regards
Chris

Hi Chris,

From the menu select Tools>> Auto Correct. Delete the line with Replace (c) with the copyright symbol.

Should solve the prob.

Bill

Thanks Bill, solved the problem. Will this feature be applied to this database, or is it a setting on the local version of access?

Reason being, this database will be accessible to users from a server, and I want a solution which applies only to the database, rather than getting everyone to save the change to their tools setting.

Regards
Chris

Hi,

Set the combo box's Allow AutoCorrect property to No. So long as the underlying table with 2.3(c) etc isn't edited by anyone, 2.3(c) will be the value used by the query.

Bill

Thanks Bill, so simple and staring me in the face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back