Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Combo box default value from table and list from another table

Status
Not open for further replies.

myaccess2000

Technical User
Aug 4, 2002
SG
Hi,

I would like to show the default value on the combobox that is in the table. And there are a choice from the list that i can change the value to.

e.g In the table
Name Department
Albert Account
Jane Material

So when i open the form, it will show name "albert" on the textbox and show "account" on the combobox and inside the combox list, it should contain account, material, admin, payroll...etc....

The list that suppose to show on the combo box list, i have a table to store all the department. So i set the rowsource to department.

So how to show the "account" on the combobox when the form is open. When scrolling through, the value changes depend on the name of the person.

Please help!!!...Pardon for my little knowledge in Access

Regards

This is just a suggestion, but it's the way I've done it in by database!

Create a seperate tabe with the names of the Departments in it. Then when in the table design view go into the "Lookup" tag and change the display control to combo box and then select the Departments table in the Row source.

It should then save the selected department into the database and disply the relevant department for each employee in the database

I hope this helps you

[PC2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back