Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Combo Appearance/Intercom buttom programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

RePetE815

Technical User
May 27, 2004
US
Can anyone volunteer a method for programming a phone button to provide both call appearance (for a particular user) along with Intercom dial (vs. standard ringing) to that same user. And no, I don't mean to change the phone to a paging speaking classification.

This mimics a larger percentage of PBX and hybrid-key systems out there. I've successfully done this before with IP Office, but cannot remember how it was accomplished (dog ate my homework type excuse...)

Thx

I don't know if this will satisfy your needs, but I have the same setup on my IPO. I wanted the user appearances, but wanted to also be able to intercom them. So I programed all user buttons, and placed an Internal Auto-Answer on each phone, and set them to default on after reboot. Now, I can see when a user is on their phone, and if I press their button, it rings one time, and then I'm on intercom with them.

Thanks BassMonger57. That seems to do the trick (still wondering how I did it before - argh).

Might you or anyone else know how to enable Internal Auto Answer on 4620 and 4406 phones? Easy peezie on the 4412 and 4612's given the phones menu features.

Thx in advance.

I am not sure about the 46xx serise phones but on the 20xx handsets a user shortcode is created by the system to controll these functions:

short code: *Rinnger
Numebr :a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h.i,k
feature CW

These variables are completly undocunented by Avaya, but controll the ring tone, Ring Volume & auto answer.

I would suspect that somthing similar is in place with the 46xx handsets

Good luck

Well, what do you know... I remembered!

The User short code which essentially turns on InternalAnswer for any digital or IP handset, thus providing for a combo BLF/Intercom button is as follows:

Code: *DCP
Telephone #: 0,0,2,1
Feature: CW

Thx for the support Bass & IPGuru. Every bit helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back