Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Combining text fields to create a date field 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

demchak

IS-IT--Management
Jun 29, 2001
US
I have a linked table with a date field that is in the format YYYYDDMM eg 20012902
I need to use this number to run a report that shows everything 60 days old or greater.
I can not get access to see this number as a date. I have been able to split the date into 3 seperate fields while importing the table but again can not figure out how to combine them into a "date" field.

Thanks for the help,
Wes

Have you tried something like CDate([month field]&"/"&[day field]&"/"&[year field])?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,

MyDateStr = "20012902"

Dateserial(left(MydateStr, 4), Right(MyDateStr, 2), Mid(MyDateStr, 5, 2))
3/1/01

which illustrates both a soloution to the problem as stated AND that someone (Wes demchak) is playing with (at least the sample) dates in an 'unusual" manner.

MichaelRed
m.red@att.net

There is never time to do it right but there is always time to do it over

Thanks for the solutions. After moving the fields around a little and using the CDate() i was able to get the now() function to see the number as a date.
Thanks again...this forum has never let me down and i am always astounded by the response time and knowledge of the experts here!
Wes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back