Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Combining multiple scripts in CMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

oneorangeshoe

IS-IT--Management
Jun 17, 2009
US
Hi there,

I have been trying to automate the running of 3 scripts using task scheduler and they never all run or I get weird null errors. Is there a way to combine the 3 scripts into 1 so they only use 1 instance of CMS Supervisor and run one after another?

If so how is this done?

I attached my scripts just in case they need to be looked at

Thanks

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=e1e8547d-7062-4b8c-a79d-f268c2a39422&file=scripts.zip
Hi
you could but you would need to look very carefully on the build of each report , eg declaration etc . you can glue them into one script , the alternative is to run the reports sequential, give it a couple of minutes in between . PS to this, in my past working in a callcenter I had a very creative supervisor ( technical Callcenter) and he created his own version of a webCMS .. what brought down the entire CMS server reporting ( a very beefy server)due to some creactive scripting so be careful.

I have each one in its own task right now running 10 minutes apart and it seems 1 runs properly, 1 says it ran successfully but did nothing and 1 runs for hours and never finishes.

Driving me nuts

okay run the reports manually , first in CMS client see if that gives a result if that works the report works ( as the script is only a mechanism to fire off the same report ,

now there was a option to monitor what the CMS aplication is doing ( forgot what it was) kick that report off via the scheduler and check what is happening on CMS while that report runs, it could be as easy as date / time being incorrect . eg .. yesterday = -1 for the date ( there is a whole PDF about advanced reporting)

ok - I run each report from inside CMS and they work with no issues

I execute the three scripts individually and for each I get
(null)
[Line8](null)

Line 8 is '## Parameters.Add "Report: Historical: Designer: XNAISSPLIT: Export Data","_Desc"

To save the scripts I run the report, Go to Edit - Export All Data, Choose Export to file, enter the path and filename, hit the script button and save the script file.

Hi
okay without actually looking at it live I cannot see what is going on. Sorry scripts seem fine from what i can read out of it .

if you open the console screen on CMS and do ( after logged on as either superuser or root) use tail ACSERR.cvsLog . this will give you a running screen of processes and errors that pop up , ( in CMS client as admin, under administration there is a similair option to check for errors . ) kick off the task and check what erorrs you are getting . If only one reports fails out of three , then there is something with that one and delete and re-do. Now if all three cannot write data then your permissions on the pc might be wrong , eg you are not able to save the file in non-interactive mode , check what login the system is using.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back