Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Combining Data from 2 Worksheets into 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 6, 2002
US
I have one excel file with two separate worksheets with identically formatted data. The have the same data in respective columns. Part# in column 1, price in column 2, and so on...approximately 10 columns...

I basically want to combine the two worksheets into one so that the Part# from both worksheets is in one column on a 3rd worksheet. Is there any way to do this without copying and pasting the data from both worksheets into one worksheet?

Worksheet 1 (Have)
Part#

Worksheet 2 (Have)
Part#

Worksheet 3 (Need!)
Part#

What's wrong with copying and pasting? Is this something you want to do once, or always have updated?

Only 2 ways I know of consolidating data. Save the worksheets as workbooks and then use the:

TOOLS->MERGE WORKBOOK

and that should give you the result.

The other option is using DATA->CONSOLIDATE. This will not give you the result that you need, but I thought I would mention it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back