Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Combine two Union Queries 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

justagrunt

Technical User
Oct 10, 2002
Hi,
Due to lack of system resources (the system will allow result of 11 queries but not the full 15 to be joined) I have had to create two union queries (one of 9 and the other of 6 ) to generate the information I require. The two unions can be run separately but a one off proved to be too complex, hence I broke it up into two.How do I go about joining these two, so that the combined information can be exported to a final destination of an Excel spread sheet latter.
I have thought of a make table but the two Union queries have the same field names.
Thanks
Regards
Bill

Can you create append queries to run all 15 queries into a temp table. Then use the temp table to create the excel spreadsheet. Or link an excel spreadsheet to the database and run the append queries into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back