Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Combine two tables into one based on a search criteria using Access 03

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvasquez

MIS
Feb 28, 2001
US
Hi everyone. Currently I have the following scenario using Microsoft Access 2003.

TABLE A
style#
description
vendor
country

TABLE B
Item
description
vendor
country
I would like to combine both tables by using the TABLEA.style# and TABLEB.item into TABLE A, since table A has additional fields which I did not write down.
I know how to go about doing this process in SQL Enterprise by doing the "UPDATE" process but I am not familiar with Microsoft Access. Where do I go to implement this task. Please help.

I went to the Queries section but that only has query by design or use the wizard. Query by design might be a little confusing to use. Thanks and hope to hear from someone soon.

How you did that in SQL Enterprise ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

SQL enterprise statement is as follows.

UPDATE TABLEA
SET TABLEA.description = TABLEB.description
WHERE TABLEA.style# = TABLEB.item

But I can not bring these Access tables to SQL enterprise due to security issues.

Thanks and hope to hear from someone soon.

So the JetSQL syntax is:
UPDATE TABLEA INNER JOIN TABLEB ON TABLEA.[style#] = TABLEB.item
SET TABLEA.description = TABLEB.description

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

Thanks. It kinda help. I found a way to create it using the wizard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back