Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Combine two databases in one group

Status
Not open for further replies.

tgraves8

MIS
Jul 13, 2004
US
I have a group created that has something to the affect of

if ({iAgentPerformanceStat.AgentLogin} = "1664") and ({HPD_HelpDesk.Orig Submitter} = "TF5")then "Tim Graves"

We use remedy for call logging and symposium for our phone system. The login for the phone is 1664 and the name that submits a ticket for me is TF5.

There are different fields that we want to be able display in the same line for each person in the report. We also have been manually adding up different fields and if we could get the different feilds to work together properly then it would save alot of time.

When I tried this above and added one field from each database then added a the begin date and end date but it does not seem to pull the data properly. If I run the reports with combining the database fields in to one group it works fine.

How can I create one group from two databases?

A bit confusing but it sounds like you need to use a UNION command/View/Query so that records from different tables/databases behave as if they come from a single table.

hth,
- Ido

view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Yes if that is possible. If you can point me in the right direction. I will research the union command.

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back