Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Combine files into one Workbook - Different tabs

Status
Not open for further replies.

DummyForAccess

Technical User
Aug 7, 2002
US
I have several files that I want to combine into one workbook, BUT, I want each file to land on a separate tab. I know how to do the copy function in DOS to make them into one file, but is there anything I can do during this copy functino to make the different files go to different tabs?

With both workbooks open (TO" and "FROM"), in the from workbook, right click on the worksheet tab you want to copy and select "Move or Copy..."

In the pop-up window, select the "TO" workbook from the first drop-down list. Select where in the "TO" workbook the "FROM" worksheet is to go. Check the "Create a copy" checkbox, and press "OK".

"Rinse, Lather and Repeat" for all "FROM" workbooks [thumbsup]

Depending on how many "FROM" workbooks you have, this way could take a little while, but it is the simplest. I would say that if you have more that 50 or so "FROM" workbooks that you might want to look into writing a VBA procedure to simplify things for you. Let us know if we can help you with that as well. But I would go with the "hands-on" approach is this is a one time deal and you only have about 10-15 "FROM" workbooks.

Peace!! [americanflag] [peace] [americanflag]

Mike

Didn't get the answers that you wanted? Then . . . Click Here

This will work, I was hoping to figure something out that I could automate more....

As I said . . . Creating a VBA procedure is also a possibility, but I would advise going that route only if this is something that is done often or if you have multiple workbooks (50 or higher for a one time deal).

Peace!! [americanflag] [peace] [americanflag]

Mike

Didn't get the answers that you wanted? Then . . . Click Here

You can do the same when you have the "FROM" and "TO" workbooks tiled, so that are side by side on the screen .... click and drag the tab from one to the other.

Cheers, Glenn.

Did you hear about the literalist show-jumper? He broke his nose jumping against the clock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back