Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Comaq ML370 G2 wont install windows 2000 or 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

particlemedia

IS-IT--Management
May 19, 2006
US
Thanks for the help!

I just upgrade my ml370 single cpu 667 to dual cpu 1ghz with vrms, but when i try to install the window 2000 or 2003 server, it will keep on reboot after 1st reboot from copying all the windows files to harddrives, any body have any suggestion or solutions will appreciate.. thank you again.

Have you used SmartStart before the installation of Windows, and what version did you use? Did SmartStart pick up both processors?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Who is General Failure and what is he doing on my computer?"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

smartstart 5.5 picks up all the cpus. but when i test them individually one of them is doing the rebooting, but the other one is not, so i think it's one of the cpu is defect it, so i wil have to exchage it for a new one.. i'll let you know if this will solve the prob. and thank you for reply.

pull the cpu that is causing the problem and boot the sys if it does not happen again there is most definitely a pronlem with that cpu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back