Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

com+ Package of application hangs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loopbart

Technical User
Dec 8, 2001
DE
Hi, I have a big problem. I am using a client/server application. The client is a WinNt Workstation and the Server is a W2k-Server. When the client tries to create the remote ComObject, the package of the com+ on the server hangs and all other client working with the same application on the W2K-Server hang too. Furthermore I can´t shut down the package. I changed the dcom default protocol of the client to tcp/ip instead of udp, but it does not work, too. W2k-Professional Clients do not have the problem. What can I do???

Are u using this as a *.VBR,*.TLB file or have u installed as a *.msi,*.exe file.

If the case is former than you don't have problem.

This application can be used in different ways. I am using this application with Scripting. The application does not work when the server tries to write to a Logfile on the Client-side. When I disable the Logwriting, the application works, when I enable the Logwriting, the the Com+ hangs. The same thing happens when I am using the Application with a Browser or an exe-file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back