Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

COM good on NT but fail on 2003?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rxsid

Programmer
Jul 9, 2002
US
Hi all,

I currently have php 4.3.10 loaded on a windows 2003 server running apache 2.0.52. PHP and the web server work fine. I've got the code (that used to work on an old NT box running IIS and an earlier version of PHP...I think 4.1 or 4.2??)
Code:
//.....code

$excel = new COM("Excel.Application") or Die ("Did not connect");

//Open the workbook that we want to use.
$book = $excel->Application->Workbooks->Open($reportPath.$rptName);

//....more code
Again...that used to work on NT, but now I can't get it to work on 2003. I believe the issue lies with the new COM() line, but it doesn't print out the or die statement.

I've followed the article on this site (which is how I got this Excel COM function to work with NT in the first place:
but perhaps this doesn't apply to the new win 2003 server?
I have the appropriate IUSR_MACHINE_Name user with Excel COM launch, etc. permissions.

Any ideas?
Thanks.

Is excel installed on the server? (basic i know, but gotta start somewhere)? Does the iUser/iwam accounts have permissions to do this via COM?

Bastien

I wish my computer would do what I want it to do,
instead of what I tell it to do...

thanks for the reply.

yeah, the full version of excel 2003 is installed and the IUSR_MACHINE_Name ID has appropriate permissions as mentioned.

any other ideas?

anyone have any ideas on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back