Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

COM DLL debug from Visual Basic 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

PGoRule

Programmer
Jul 26, 2006
IN
This may be somewhat tricky. I have a COM DLL created in C#. This DLL is then exported to TLB format to use the functions from Visual Basic 6 application. Everything runs fine by using COM InterOp.
Now I want to debug the C# code whenever the breakpoints specified inside it are hit. How can I achieve debugging C# when I run my VB6 code and call function from C#? Can anybody give some hints or way to make this happen?

Sharing the best from my side...

--Prashant--

If it is actually compiled as a .dll, I don't think you will be able to debug the code in it, since it has already been compiled. I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

Good luck!
-Kevin

- "The truth hurts, maybe not as much as jumping on a bicycle with no seat, but it hurts.

There is a remote debugging feature of .Net but it isn't easy to use from my experience. But why are you developing in C# and then using it in VB6?

I have one application developed in VB6. I want to convert it to C#. The other modules are in C#. As the code in VB6 application is very complicated, so want to hit the breakpoints placed in my C# code to hit when I run through existing VB6 code. So that I can debug the code and will help me for C# module.

Sharing the best from my side...

--Prashant--

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back