Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Columns in SubReports

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdarren

Programmer
Jan 18, 2002
US
My subreport has 2 columns which displays correctly when I run just the subreport. When I run the main report (which contains the subreport in the detail section), the subreport is ignoring the columns. I can't columnize the main report because of the complicated layout, watermark, etc. Why is my subreport ignoring its own page setup to report in columns? Is the main report page setup overriding it? Thank you.

The problem can be corrected by changing the subreports Column Layout to "Across, then down" (this is found in page setup). Of course this won't do you much good if you absolutely have to layout "Down, then across".

For an explaination of the cause of the problem see Microsoft's Technet article Q208364 ( and search for Q208364)

I hope this solves your problem!

Lionel, thank you for pointing me in the right direction. I tried this and it still did not work - MS says I must remove controls for pictures in my mainreport, but I have a watermark (embedded picture) that might be preventing the solution from working. Glad to know that this is a "known problem" with Access 2000 - I thought I was crazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back