Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Columns in Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

ck11

Technical User
Jun 23, 2004
US
I am trying to print a list of items from a table. I want them to have 3 columns on the sheet. Whihc I have working ok. My problem is the page header is only shown above the first column. I am no grouping these items in any way because it is just an alphabetical list. Anyone know how I get the page header to be above each column?

CK11

CK11
In your Page Header, repeat the column headings above each column.

PAGE HEADER section
ITEM ITEM ITEM

DETAIL section
Info about Item Info about Item Info about Item

This may not line up properly on this screen, but it will give you the idead. Hope that helps.

Tom

My report is like this

Page header
Num Description

Detail
[num] [description]

I have the columns set to three in the page setup. My problem is that the detail section makes three columns but the header only appears above the 1st set of columns.

What I am trying to do is print a list where it goes in numberical order down the page then starts at the top of the next column and continues in numerical order down that column then goes to the third column. At the end of the third column it should start on another page and do the same.

ck11

ck11
If I understood your first post correctly, your columns are working out just fine. Correct? If not, in the Page Setup, where you select the number of columns, you can select "Across and then Down" or "Down and then Across."

I have reports in which I do exactly what you are trying to do, and they are set up in the manner I described in the first post.

In the Page Header section, put your "Num Description" label 3 times, once at the left side, once above where your second column is going to be, and then above where your third column is going to be. Should work.

Tom

When I do this the detail section is made larger because of the three column headings. then when you preview it the columns from the detail section appear after the last header I made. ex.

Type Description Type description
a g
b h
c i
d
e
f

Before I made the page header with three headers i was getting:

Type Description
a g
b h
c i
d
e
f

Does this help explaing my problem
Chris

Chris
In Page Setup, have a look at whether or not "same as detail" is checked. If it is, uncheck it, and see if that makes any difference. And make sure that your column widths aren't wider than can be accomodated by your page margins.

Tom

That worked thank you very much

Ck11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back