Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Columns are overlapping

Status
Not open for further replies.

OttawaDotNet

IS-IT--Management
Sep 25, 2007
CA
Hi:

I am new to Crystal Reporting and I find it frustrating that when I display report using Crystal Report viewer, all the columns are overlapping as it is a fixed width report.

I can change the width of ReportViewer but my Crystal Report width stays same and it tries to display many columns in taht limited space, hence overlapping all of them.

I will really appreciate if anyone can help me out here.

Thanks

How many columns are you trying to display?

Have you bound the columns to each other in the RPT layout like you would for setting up a EXCEL export?

On the Crystal report, you can create a second detail line and 'stagger' the fields. You can also use File > Printer Setup to choose Landscape, or change the paper size.

It helps to give your Crystal version - 8, 8.5, 9, 10, 11 or whatever. Methods sometimes change between versions, and higher versions have extra options.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

Thanks MJRBIM and Madawc for your response.

I do have my columns bound to Datasource 'StoredProcedure' and I have almost 17 columns that I am trying to display. Not sure what you meant when you said columns bound to eachother?

I can make each columns as 'CanGrow = true' but some columns have longer description and needs more width. Having it as Can Grow shows three to four charaters per ling and it looks all weird.

I can change the width of each column but I can not go further then report width.

Actually, I was able to get the width changed for 'Detail Section', through Section expert and I can fit many columns in detail but now my 'Header Section' has smaller width so heading does not correspond to their values.

Is there anyway I can change the width of Header Section ?

I did use Printer setting to get landscape , it gave me little more room (Thanks Madawc) but still it was not good enough.

You would think that Crystal report should change the columns width dynamically to fit the values (like other .Net tools data grids etc) but so far its too much work to create a very simple report.

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks
Nas

Sorry for delay I recently joined in this group.
In detail section put all field names in different formuals,
And in excel just double click

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back