Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Column widths on Excel chart

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranebow

Programmer
Mar 8, 2003
US
I've created a chart that will have 4 columns (one column per manager) per each week of March, April & May. I've added the first manager and everything looks great. When I add the second manager my columns get very skinny! Any way to make them wider? There is a lot of space between the weeks.

I'm using a 3D column, but have no problem converting to any column type chart.

THANKS!

Hi,

Select the SERIES -- Format Selected Series -- Options Tab -- Vary Gap Width

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red]Be Advised![/red] A chicken, who would drag a wagon across the road for 2 cents, is…
POULTRY in motion to PULLET for a PALTRY amount! [tongue][/sub]

I've tried that. No luck. I've tried rotating, and changing all the gap info.

You appear to be looking in the wrong place.

Are you IN the chart?

Select the SERIES.

It works -- 3D or otherwise!

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red]Be Advised![/red] A chicken, who would drag a wagon across the road for 2 cents, is…

Yep. I double clicked on one of the columns, went to options & changed gap width.

So what's the value of Overlap?

Skip,
[sub]

Gap depth - 200
Gap width - 110
Chart depth - 400

Here's something strange....when I change the sequence of the bars it makes them wider.

AFAIK, that's what you have to work with.

Skip,
[sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back