Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Column Spacing in PDF Reports 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

hanjen

Programmer
Mar 3, 2004
US
Hello,
I've created a WebFocus report which sends the data to a PDF format. The report is fairly wide and it's not fitting on one page (wide). I've tweaked the fonts, used the FOLD-LINE option for the first column, set SQUEEZE=ON and am using LANDSCAPE mode to help reduce the overall width. The problem is that I cannot seem to squeeze the columns closer together in the PDF file (there's quite a bit of extra space between columns). I've been searching extensively in the manual and the only thing I've found is the SET SPACES option, but it appears that it is only applicable to HTML. I'm new to WebFocus and would appreciate any input.
Thanks!

Try setting the FONT size smaller via stylesheet commands.

ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=REPORT, SIZE=9,GRID=OFF, LEFTMARGIN=.25, RIGHTMARGIN=.25, FONT=COURIER, $
ENDSTYLE

If there is enough space for the data, then try positioning it eg

TYPE=REPORT, COLUMN=P2, POSITION=0.7, $
TYPE=REPORT, COLUMN=P3, POSITION=4.1, $

You also may want to change the paper size to legal. This will, in the landscape format, give you 17 inches as opposed to 11.

TYPE=REPORT, PAGESIZE=LEGAL, $

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back