Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Column Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

smmt2207

MIS
Feb 27, 2007
US
Does anyone know if a "Column" report can be created in Crystal? I am using Crystal reports 2008 and would like to do something like the following:

Compare three years worth of revenues using three seperate parameters

if parameter 1 = 1 then put revenue in column 1
if parameter 2 = 2 then put revenue in column two
if parameter 3 = 3 then put revenue in column three

column 1 column 2 column 3
$100.00 $120.00 $200.00

then be able to produce variances.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,
How is the data structured?
Does 1 record have multiple years with the revenue for each or are there separate records for each year?

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

What purpose do the parameters serve? Is it that the user might want to only see one year or two or three?

-LB

The parameters are for choosing the events you want to see. For example my event was here in 2007 and 2009. I would enter those event id's so I could compare their revenues. Someone else might want to compare a different events.

Create three separate formulas like this:

//{@col1}:
if {table.eventID} = {?parm1} then
{table.revenue}

//{@col2}:
if {table.eventID} = {?parm2} then
{table.revenue}

//etc.

You can add the parms directly as labels in the page header (to show event ID). To get the results in one line, insert maximums on the above formulas at the group or grand total level and then suppress the detail section.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back