Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Column Problems on Mac, Opera and IE4

Status
Not open for further replies.

noddy81

Technical User
Sep 8, 2004
GB
Ok, I've created an XHTML/CSS site that looks fine in IE5+, Mozilla, FireFox and Netscape.

It almost works in Opera and on a Mac but it seems something slightly is going wrong.

The biggest problem is on the Mac, while the page looks fine, for some reason part of the left div goes over to the right, making the right div drop below it. I am sure it is just a CSS problem with the position or maybe float but if I could get someone to pin point the problem it would save me a lot of time.

Also on the Mac and in Opera, my columns have a gap at the very bottom of the page somehow, not quite sure why? They seem fine in the other browsers.

Also, just another quickie, in IE4.0 does it not support columns of floats? My site just expands the full length and ignores the float left rule, any ways to get round this?

The site URL is:
Thank you in advance to anyone that can help.

Also, if anyone can test the site in Safari and maybe post a screen grab and post comments that would be great.

Opera apparently extends bottom margin for P outside parent container. Add something like:

Code:
#footer P
{ margin-bottom: 0px;
}

Thanks vongrunt, will try that tonight and upload to re-test, I thought it was strange that it was happening.

Just the dreaded Mac issues to solve now, which is proving a bit difficult as most people are PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back