Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Column Headers

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelNZQA

IS-IT--Management
Jun 16, 2003
NZ
I have quite a simple report, consists of;
- Page Header, that includes column heading for Detail
- Detail Section
- Report Footer, that contains a Sub Report.

On occaision I end up with no detail appearing on the last page, just the Report Footer that contains the Subreport. In itself no problem, but I wish to surpress the Column Headings that appear in the page header of the last page, as there is not detail to reference them.

I tried inserting a GROUP and placed the Column Headers in the Group Header, but when my detail extends over 1 page, I do not have Column Headings for the second page etc.

Any ideas...

You can go to format section->page header->suppress->x+2 and enter: onlastrecord

This will suppress the page header on and after the last detail. Be sure that in format section->details you have "keep together" checked. This should prevent one detail from appearing alone on the page with subreport (a condition which would cause the page header to disappear when you don't want it to). If there are multiple details on the last page with the subreport, the page header will not be suppressed.

-LB

lbass

Excellent - thanks for that, I actually used the command on the Column Headers themselves, as opposed to the section format, as I had other items in the section.

Regards

MichaelNZQA

You could place your column headers in one page header section and insert your other items in another page header section, thus allowing you to use section suppression instead of individually formatting each field--for future reference, since you've already finished the task...

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back