Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Column Header in CrossTab Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

milisql

Programmer
May 7, 2013
IN
Hi there,
I have crystal report (Version 8.5) crosstab report which has two group one by TransactionDate and other VegetableType.Structure of the report is As Followes
01/06/2024
A1 A2 B23 B16 Total
Cabbage 1 2.5 2 5.5
BeetRoot 3.2 1.2 <Total>
Celery .5 2.4 <Total>
Capsicum .7 1 3 <Total>
(This is Vegetable group)
BC DF Total
Apple 10 1 11
Banana 1 1
(This is Fruit Group)
Everything getting right,
what i want column header same in all group even if there is no records.
or If i try to remove Group "VegetableType" i want one blank row where i can get vegetable type
Before Apple i want "Fruit" word comes or Before Cabbage "NormalVegetables"
Is this possible?

There is no easy way to do this and have it in the cross-tab itself. However, you can emulate this by doing the following:

1. Add a Group on VegetableType to your report.
2. Suppress the VegetableType group header section and the details section.
3. Create a second VegetableType group footer section.
4. In the first group footer, put the VegetableType description. Make sure it is at the top of the section and pull the bottom of the section up to the bottom of the description.
5. In the second group footer, put your cross-tab. Make sure it is at the top of the section.
6. Use Shift-click to select both the cross-tab and then the VegetableType description. Right-click on the VegetableType description and align left. Right-click again and select make same width. (I think those options were available in 8.5...) This will help make sure that you can export cleanly to Excel if you need to.

-Dell

Associate Director, Data & Analytics
Protiviti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back