Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Colour Setting in Corel when making a PDF

Status
Not open for further replies.

tammlyn

Technical User
Aug 24, 2009
CA
I am trying to make a PDF for the printers and when i publish to PDf and leave the colour management to RGB the pdf will look and print fine. If I change the colour setting to CMYK (which the printers want) the colours look and print washed out. Example I am using a deep brown and the RGB looks and prints brown but the CMYK setting looks and prints a washed out grey. Can anyone help?

What version are you using?

In your tools menu, do you have a colour management entry? And if so, what preset is selected in it?

For commercial printing, you should have the "professional output" option, though having chosen it you may need to go back to the design and adjust your colours.

thanks for the response
i have corel 12 the colour management setting is generic CMYK and all images (clip art are changed to CMYK). when i publish to pdf with the RGB setting in the advanced tab the images look and print fine but when i change the setting to CMYK the colour is different and prints different

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back