Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

colour depth while using remote Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

wayned

Technical User
Mar 13, 2002
CA
Hey there. I have am IBM ThinkPad A20 I am connecting to my home desktop computer using Remote Desktop. Everything is fine except the only colour depth I have available when I log on using Remote Desktop is 16 million colours. Is there a reg hack to enable 24 or 32 million colours when using the Remote Desktop feature?

Many thanks,
Wayne

Open your remote desktop application.

Select Options
Select Display and chose colors. High color is only available based on desktop configuration of your Thinkpad and your desktop computer that you're connecting to.

Selecting 32 bit color will drastically slow your connection down as well. The higher the color, the more data needs to be transmitted. Remote desktop continually sends bitmaps from one machine to the other. It's very easy to cache about 1 gig of data on your laptop, so make sure you have ample drive space if you want to use high colors!!

Piraino,
Thanks for your response and advice about bitmaps... fortunately I have lots of disk space!

Regards,
Wayne Dunkley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back