Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

color*set

Status
Not open for further replies.

OLYPH

Technical User
Nov 25, 2009
CA
I have a ip 1220 and I want to configure it. The password color*set doesn't work. How can I reset it?

Thank you

You can reset the phone to it's 'factory settings' from the handset by pressing **73639<MAC Address>##

To enter the Mac Address of the phone you just match any alpha characters to the appropriate dial-pad key, for instance 'A', 'B', or 'C' = 2, 'D', 'E', 'F' = 3.

Where can I press **73639MAC ADDRESS. The phone doesn't start and i'm not able to go in the config because the defaut password doesn't work.

You can try entering the command with the phone in any state. If it doesn't work, then I don't know what to say.

if you have POE sometimes it gets a little goofy. If you have a power brick, just remove the LAN cable an reset the phone, but as allen stated, if the phone is up, you should be able to do this anytime.

John Anaya
Signet6 Network Sciences
ACSS/ACIS - CS1000 Rls 7.5/Call Pilot 5
ACSS/ACIS - SME - IP Office 8.0
APSS/APDS - Avaya UC Services

Public Profile

It all depends on the firmware version as **73639<MAC>## doesn't always work on older firmware from what I've seen (YMMV). I actually wrote a blog post - - on how to flash the firmware to the latest version, which also resets the password back to the default COLOR*SET (as I had a similar problem)...might help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back