Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Color Separation in Inkjet Printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

dskung

Technical User
Jul 29, 2003
US
I tried to print color separation on my inkjet printer, but the separation option in the print menu is greyed out. Does that mean I can't print color separation in inkjet printer? If not, what setting should I change to make it works?

By the way, I forgot to tell you the following infomation. I have a HP932C printer and I am using Quark 5 for PC.

I've no clue about your printer but it may not offer that option if it is not postscript compatible or if you have not installed the PPDs for it. (See if PPD files are available from hp.com). The PPD or PostScript Printer Description file gives Quark info on what to display in its print dialog (such as separations).

You might also try printing to a virtual postscript printer or to a separated PDF.

If you are printing separations to make sure inks are separating correctly, consider not wasting paper: Printing to a separated PDF that you can view onscreen can do equally well. Hug a tree.

- - picklefish - -

Why is everyone in this forum responding to me as picklefish?

I have exactly the same problem - and am searching for the answer. I'm using QuarkXPress 5 on a networked laser printer and have set up the CMS following instructions in the Prentice Hall book 'Against the Clock':

Generic Monitor
Tektronix Phaser III Pxi (composite output)
SWOP Press (separation output)

Generic Monitor
Perceptual (rendering intent)

Kodak Generic DCS Camera Input
Relative Colourimetric (rendering intent)

Monitor Colour Space (display simulation)

... all on the RGB tab.

But the check box for colour separations in the Print dialog box is still greyed out. Please let me know if this works for you - or if you have found the answer.

Mayby your printers in not an PS (Post Script devices). As far as I know, the most of the InkJet printers is PCL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back