Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

[color red]How to encrypt/decrypt in sybase ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ns1234

Programmer
Dec 3, 2002
Hello All
Does Sybase provide any system procedures to encrypt/decrypt user passwords or other data? I need to send user passwords and other data in an encrypted form to a Sybase database from an application in VC++ and decrypt and store the information at the Sybase end . Whats the best way to do this ? Are there any algorithms written in sql is available ? . Can a trigger be written to do decrypt and retrieve the encrypted info and store it each time a connection is made to the Sybase database from the VC++ client application??
Would be grateful for any suggestions as I need the solution urgently!! Thanx

I have one question, why would you want to store decrypted passwords in the database?

I have seen it done where the client application encrypts the password (through an API call) and then passes the encrypted password to the database that does a compare on the encrypted data for the match.

Just a thought

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back