Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Color Profiles and Output Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

kylebellamy

Programmer
Jan 24, 2002
US
Hello All,

I am having a strange issue with my computer where everything in Photoshop and Illustrator has an odd tint to it. See the attached image for reference.

The gradient in this image is CYMK 0% - 100% K gradient. Yet somehow it is showing as a purple tint. This is shows even when I import to Photoshop.

On a side note, Photoshop is also having issues with purple in images.

The odd thing is that this purple tint shows up in the Tool bar as well so that they are all purple tinted.

I have removed the monitor profiles for my laptop screen and my external monitor as well as starting Photoshop and Illustrator with the rest preferences key combo but it doesn't seem to help.

Any thoughts? This is causing problems with my output, obviously.

...your monitor profile is corrupted by the sound of it, Adobe apps use monitor profile, so it needs to be recalibrated with a fresh profile from scratch and not by using the old one, you should be able to grab a new canned profile from your laptop manufacturer driver downloads, or recalibrate if you use external calibration software to create a new profile.

andrew

============
============

I have already done that, going to the point of finding the old ones and deleting them then adding the new ones from the manufacturer.

Do Adobe products have their own are for storing profiles? I've eliminated the ones in Windows.

Driving me nuts. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back