Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

color of font changes when font is changed

Status
Not open for further replies.

knitwit

Technical User
Apr 14, 2003
US
Hi,
I have a report that I have used for several years which has I had to fix after upgrading to Crystal XI. I create labels for our tab folders with the following:
if ({GM_FOLDERS.FIELD1}="1")
then color (255,20,147)
else
if ({GM_FOLDERS.FIELD1}="2")
then color (255,193,37)
else
if ({GM_FOLDERS.FIELD1}="3")
then color (255,69,0)
else
if ({GM_FOLDERS.FIELD1}="4")
then crgreen
else
if ({GM_FOLDERS.FIELD1}="5")
then color (46,139,87)
else
if ({GM_FOLDERS.FIELD1}="6")
then color (0,245,255)
else
if ({GM_FOLDERS.FIELD1}="7")
then color (75,0,130)
else
if ({GM_FOLDERS.FIELD1}="8")
then color (221,160,221)
else
if ({GM_FOLDERS.FIELD1}="9")
then color(184,134,11)
else
if ({GM_FOLDERS.FIELD1}="0")
then color(250,128,114)

This worked fine with the Arial narrow font, but changed with the software update. I used the above formulas for an empty text box with the above code in formula area for the background and it works fine.
But when it is a database field, the color does not always match. For example the color for 1 is a shade of pink, but the text field shows up blue. Also the code was copied and pasted from the working background color to the font color for the database field.
After working on the problem all morning I finally realized if I changed the font size from 31 to 20 or changed the font from Arial Narrow to Eras medium, my colors come out right. I didn't make any other changes.

What happened? Is this a bug?
Thanks
Melinda

I am using Crystal 2008, not XI, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back