Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

[color #ff0000]Suppress Box does not work...

Status
Not open for further replies.

scan2k

MIS
Apr 1, 2003
US
Hello,
I've created a report footer section (b) which contains a shaded box. There are text fields within the shaded box. I want to suppress the entire section based on a parameter chosen by the user. The only suppression which works is the text fields within the box. The box still remains shaded and does not suppress. Are you able to suppress boxes in a section? I know you can't suppress them conditionaly alone (there is no X+2 option) I'm using Crystal 8.5

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

You need to put your suppression formula on the section rather than the individual fields in the text box. Go to Format->Section, highlight Report Footer B and click on the x+2 next to the Suppress option and put the condition in there.

Matt

Thanks brownbird but this is exactly what I'm trying to accomplish and it is not working. Any further recommendations? When the section is conditionally suppressed all fields disappear except for the box. Hopefully someone else has an answer!!

Thanks!!

I just tested this and format section worked fine to suppress a shaded box containing text fields. Are you sure your conditional formula is in the format section->report footer_b section->suppress->X+2 section?

Otherwise, maybe you should provide detail about the conditional formula you are using and the parameter involved.

-LB

I couldn't replicate this either by using a parameter, or otherwise, in the conditional suppression. Sounds strange that the fields are suppressing based on the suppression in the section - do you have conditional suppression on the fields at all?

Okay, to eliminate any possible 'user' error I've eliminated some complexities. I started a brand new report which is blank. In the detail section I created a box. In the X+2 for the details section I allowed the conditional expression to be: pagenumber = 1
This suppressed the box in the details section. Now, I created a new report and followed the same steps for the report footer and the box does NOT suppress. Can someone try this and let me know if this is a bug? I'm using vers. 8.5 and going bald from pulling my hair out!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back