Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

color editing

Status
Not open for further replies.

mamec

Instructor
Feb 6, 2006
PH
I am just starting with adobe photoshop and I find it fulfilling to be able to edit pics, especially if its a funny one. My problem is the color comparison between layer 1 which is for the head and the body which becomes the background. I used the eyedropper tool to match the color between the two layers but its to difficult to edit the colors one by one. Do you have any suggestion to make this work a lot easier. Thank you and God bless.

Why are you editing the colors? There are many tools for affecting color including curves, the color replacement tool, color layers, etc. It is rare that a color can be 'painted' on, and look real.

Select the layer you want to work on (CTRL + Click on it I think for PC; Cmd + Click on Mac) or hide the others and then play around with the things under Image > Adjustments. I usually use Selective Color. Save a copy of your layers before you start messing with them, so you have something to go back to if you mess up. Make sure you're working in RGB mode not CMYK so all the features will be available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back